Monday 19 December 2011

Tips & Recipes From An Un-Domestic Goddess: Festive Sugar Cookies!!

Hello my lovelies,

I hope you are all having a great Christmas season! We sure are!! Let's jump right in!

This week I'm posting my Thanksmas-famous sugar cookies! It's a nice, basic recipe that goes down REALLY well with everyone - young and old! In fact, if you work at Frost with me, be excited - I'm bringing some in this week to share with you all for Christmas! :)
Finished product!
So, here's what you'll need to make about 30 cookies:

  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups margarine
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup icing/icing sugar for topping!

Nothing too 'out there', right? I, luckily, have a ready supply in our kitchen of all these ingredients!

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt - then set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then the vanillla extract. Stir in the dry ingredients gradually, until just blended.

3a. What we do: Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it's about 1 cm thick, and make into shapes with cookie cutters. Place on an ungreased cookie tray. I don't know if anyone would try to do this except me, but do not grease your cookie sheet with butter/marg - it makes the outsides of the cookie kind of bubble, and the shapes don't look as nice.


3b. Alternatively, you could roll the batter into balls, put on the ungreased cookie tray about 2 inches apart, and flatten slightly. Personally, I prefer my sugar cookies in the shape of Christmas trees - they taste better ;)

4. Bake for 8 - to minutes, until light brown. When taken out of the oven, allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes or so before moving them to a wire cooling rack.
Yum yum yum yum
5. Ice and decorate!!
A whole forest of deliciousness!
I'm sure these will go down as well in your home as they did in mine!

As usual, let me know if you give it a go - I'd love to hear from you!

Bon appetit! Laura (or as I'm called by one satisfied customer, 'Chef' haha) xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Cute cookies
    Only prob when I make cookies... I can't stop eating them hahaha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment - we love hearing from you! ♥