Thursday 30 March 2017

Getting to know me - the 15 question tag!

It's been a while since we did a get to know you post and as the last few posts have been travel review focused I thought I would finally get around to the 15 question tag we were sent.

I think our last question session was this one:
(what a stunning place to stop this video)


So here is goes:
1) Are you named after anyone?
No, but Sarah Ferguson (Fergie) married Prince Andrew the year I was born so it became the most popular name for girls in 1983 and 1984. My parents just wanted a traditional English name.

2) If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
Yes I think I would. In fact I think I have quite a few friends who are weirdly similar to me, I like to think we get on because we like the same things - namely chilled weekends with good company, good food and a long dog walk.

3) Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Erm, all day, everyday. Probably a bit too much. But then isn't that the British way?!

4) What's the first thing you notice about people?
How tall or short they are

5) Scary movies or happy endings (in a movie sense- naughty)
Always happy ending. You are far more likely to find Laura and I watching Disney films than horror films. Life is scary enough why wouldn't you want to escape with a happy film?

6) Favourite smell?
I really like the smell of Laura's baking - her homemade cakes are AMAZING and my heart races every time I walk in and she's baking.

7) Furthest you've ever been from home?
Easy - New Zealand and LOVED IT some 11,761 miles away. Still one of our all time favourite holiday destinations.

Turns out we never got dressed in NZ, we just traveled around in sweats - maybe that's why we have such fond memories :)

8) Any special talents?
Not particularly, although I am unusually skilled with a potato! Every potato based dish I make is somehow delicious even on the first try.

9) Where was I born?
At the Royal Berkshire hospital in Reading, UK

10) Current hobbies?
Actually right now quite a few - yoga on Monday and Thursdays, Netball Wednesdays, Pub Quiz at least once a month and discovering new dog walks whenever we can!

11) Pets?
The much loved Bisbee, our cockapoo


12) Siblings
One sister who is 3 years younger than me and one brother in law whose even younger than that.

13) What do you want to be when you grow up?
Firstly happy and healthy (and that goes for all my loved ones). Secondly a parent, to hopefully more than our fluffy pup. Then eventually it would be nice to be in a position to work in a job or for a charity that makes a difference but I would want my family and I to be financially secure first.

14) Who was your first best friend?
I'm not actually sure, I know I had best friends when I was really young but i'm not sure I remember them other than when I am looking at photos. The first real best friend I remember was a girl named Eleanor. We lived opposite one another, played football and basketball together and i'm pretty sure the only time we spent apart was holidays and bedtimes.

Remember these?
11) Funniest moment at school?
On my very first day at Secondary school I lent through a bunsen burner and set fire to my school jumper - by the time it was put out I had lost an entire sleeve and had a black face. That and pretending I was part of a Fallopian tube moving a balloon around in biology spring to mind.

12) How many countries have you visited?
I think about 29. I had to do this test to check :) I did a test recently that confirmed i'd seen 83/250 of top global attractions in the world so I know I have a fair it more travelling to do. You can do the test here.

13) Favourite subject at school?
History followed by Geography, I have always been weirdly fascinated about how the world came to be so combine Roman History with a geographically interesting location and i'm happy. Bath is a great place to combine both.

14) Worst subject at school?
Languages. Laura doesn't believe me but I am terrible at mastering any language. I try really hard but my brain doesn't work that way. I admire people who can speak more than one language.

15) What phone do you have?
Samsung Galaxy S5, although I wish I had Laura's S7 as the photos are so much better. I use an iPhone for work and hate it. After having a Samsung I can't imagine choosing an iPhone.

Feel free to copy the questions and answer yourself! Let us know if you do :)

Is there anything you would like to know about us? You never know I might get around to doing these more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment - we love hearing from you! ♥