It's almost time for Brighton Pride, bring on the rainbows, bring on the sea air, bring on the glitter but whatever happens lets hope nothing brings on the rain! So far the weather forecast is looking okay so we are hopeful.
You may have seen our Glow For Pride Essentials post by the lovely Nathalie from http://www.helpimgettingmarried.com/
Or maybe you are heading to Brighton Pride and wanted to find out how to win a trip to the amazing and beautiful Florida Keys (details here).
Or maybe you just dropped by to check out all the import details for Brighton Pride?
Whatever the reason - hi! Thanks for stopping by.
Without further ado here's what you need to know:
- Brighton Pride celebrations are running from the 4th - 6th of August 2017
- The theme is Summer Of Love
- It's the 50th anniversary of the decriminalisation of homosexuality in the UK so it's set to be a bigger than usual celebration - there will be a one minutes silence to remember victims of all hate crime around the world
- Events include:
- Pride Festival (tickets available here) this is the Preston Park event on the 5th
- Village Party (tickets available here)
- Pride Pleasure Gardens and Official Pride Parties (tickets and guides available here)
- Dog show (sadly we won't have Bisbee with us)
- THE PARADE (starting at 11am - more details below)
- If you wnat advice on what tickets to buy check out this helpful guide
- It will hopefully be sunny so bring suncream
- You can not bring alcohol into the Pride Festival
- You cannot bring dogs into Preston Park
- The train strike planned for the weekend has been called off so getting to Brighton has just got a lot easier! Click here for the full travel guide but in summary only the brave will drive as parking is limited and if you can use public transport
Pride Festival is a day long celebration and where the music acts including Pets Shop Boys, Years and Years and Louisa Johnson will be playing. At Preston Park there will be stands and areas celebrating everything and anything. From Florida Keys to DIVA to Smirnoff to AMEX the Preston Park will be jam packed. Tents include Diva's girl world, Bears & Men's Dance Tent, Family Diversity, Trans and a Community Village. You can pretty much pick a party to suit your taste.
|Access the map online at: http://www.brighton-pride.org/pride-festival-map-2017/|
Pride Pleasure Gardens is a music set up nearer the seafront at Victoria Gardens. There will be a cabaret tent, live music performances, line dancing, saucy wonders (whatever that may be) and much more. The area will be set up all weekend.
Even if you aren't heading to the events it's worth visiting Brighton Pride for the parade alone. That's what we have done 4 times before. Put simply:
The annual Pride Community Parade is the biggest and most exciting visual event in Brighton & Hove’s calendar bringing the whole community out on to the city’s streets as over 200,000 people participate and watch the spellbinding spectacular of our hugely successful “Carnival Of Diversity”.The parade starts at 11am on Hove Lawns and travels through the city. The full route is here.
Our previous Brighton themed blog post include:
Our summary of what Brighton has to offer: 'We Love Brighton'
Brighton Pride in 2015 was brilliant and Bisbee got to experience it, the highlights are here
Our trip to Brighton Pride was also amazing, details here
If we haven't convinced you to join us, or at least book it in for next year here's the feedback from a Pride survey: 'Brighton Pride is voted as the BEST Pride celebration in the UK'
Follow our social media accounts for our updates on the day!