Wednesday 18 April 2018

Penalty Fees For UK Drivers!

Okay, okay so this may be the most boring title of a blog post I have ever written BUT as Laura has just passed her test it was an opportunity for me to swot up on some rules of the road that have faded into my memory. There were also some new rules that I was aware of but hadn't read the details. So for anyone who drives in the UK I thought I would summarise the main offences you will receive penalty points for.

(Thanks to First Car Practical Edition for the heads up)

Running a red light:
3 points and a £1000 fine

Speeding:
At least 3 points plus a £100 fine

Drink of Drug Driving:
Obligatory ban, jail for up to 6 months and unlimited fine

Fail to stop at a Zebra Crossing:
Three points and a fine of anywhere between £100 and £1000

Defective Tyres:
If they are flat, damaged or bald you can get a £2500 AND 3 points PER faulty tyre

Not in proper control:
Includes eating, smoking, drinking or being distracted = 3 points, a £1000 fine and a possible ban

Using a mobile phone:
Six points + £200 fine

Failing to stop after an accident:
If you cause a personal injury and don't give your details = 5-10 points, an unlimited fine and/or you could be banned or imprisoned for 6 months

Dangerous Driving:
Unlimited fine and/or 2 years in jail

No insurance:
6 points and at least a £300 fine

No Driving Licence:
3-6 points and a fine of up to £1000

It may also be one of the shortest posts I've ever written but as I found out something new when reading the article, I thought you might too.

Happy driving!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment - we love hearing from you! ♥