Tuesday 6 March 2018

Baby Blogging - 10 Reasons My Wife Is Amazing!

There are so many reasons my wife is wonderful and since being pregnant, she has been absolutely amazing, so I wanted to dedicate this post to Laura with the top 10 reasons why she has been extra wonderful recently.

1. For almost 7 months (since we started trying) I have had a freshly made smoothie made for me daily, full of the good stuff.

2. The selection of healthy, home cooked meals is endless. I'm a fairly fussy eater and Laura has a way of sneaking all types of veg into meals in ways that mean I don't even notice. I've also been lucky enough to have a few batches of cookies made - not so healthy, but SO good!


3. Every night before I go to bed Laura supervises and advises me as I complete a stretching/exercise routine that means I can sleep better and wake up without back ache- she's researched everything so well.

4. The exercise routine is followed by a back massage from Laura  - which used to be a treat - but is now something I am lucky enough to experience nightly!

She's always got my back!
5. While spa music plays on Alexa, our nighttime routine finishes with a belly rub with bio oil to (hopefully) save me from stretch marks.

6. Thankfully, the main side effect of my pregnancy has been tiredness; it's improved in the second trimester, but Laura has been amazing, making sure when I do get tired she takes care of everything. She even preempts when I may get tired and makes sure I have a snack and drink ready.


7. Laura has always been organised and since we started on this journey it has been so useful. While I am capable of adding key appointments to my calendar, Laura makes sure I am heading to the right place at the right time, with the right information.

8. The further along I get in this pregnancy the more I realise I don't know, and thankfully Laura really knows how to calm me down. She is reassuring, knows how get me to focus and is ready with a soothing hug on so many occasions.


9. As we are both super excited to welcome our little girl, it's fair to say we talk about it a lot and thankfully Laura gets to talk about it with super helpful colleagues who are ready with advice, willing to answer our many questions and have even given us a few essentials to borrow. Laura is way better at asking all the right questions.


10. As we go through this journey, Laura is also remembering to keep track, with (almost) weekly photo shoots and I couldn't be more grateful. Time flies so fast and I am so glad she is thoughtful enough to make sure we have the memories.



I am a lucky wife and our little lady is super lucky to have Laura as a Mama.


1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment - we love hearing from you! ♥